Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

141 - 160 of 719 Posts

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
I was really shocked about the death of Gwen Eiffel from PBS. She was a persistent news reporter that many on the right felt was a little too biased towards Obama during the 2008 presidential debates. But never the less, dedicated to her craft.

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Zsa Zsa is gone at 99. Several years ago, I participated in a dead pool and was pretty much on top every year. I drafted Zsa Zsa first for I think 5 years in a row or something. She eluded me every time. One of the guys in the pool made this little gem for me.

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
Zsa Zsa is gone at 99. Several years ago, I participated in a dead pool and was pretty much on top every year. I drafted Zsa Zsa first for I think 5 years in a row or something. She eluded me every time. One of the guys in the pool made this little gem for me.
You are a sicker puppy than I thought. Way to go!

If you are still participating; Kirk Douglas. Can't believe that guy is still around at 100. He's incredible.

Reactions: SemiproJohn

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
You are a sicker puppy than I thought. Way to go!

If you are still participating; Kirk Douglas. Can't believe that guy is still around at 100. He's incredible.
Strangely it was pretty entertaining. Like a lottery hockey pool draft. Cash got shipped back and forth over Pokerstars. I made a few hundred bucks off it for several years until the pool itself died. I got labelled the 'grim reaper'. I think my best year was 14/20 successful picks. It was meant to be a celebrity dead pool, but then guys started drafting people that were arguable in terms of their celebrity status. Turned into a forum shouting match. We eventually shut it down, which was sad.

I thought about suggesting it on here, but then thought better of it. No need to increase the level of drama on here. That, and transferring money would be more problematic. Then, there's also the moral questions.

Degen poker players have very few morals.

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
Strangely it was pretty entertaining. Like a lottery hockey pool draft. Cash got shipped back and forth over Pokerstars. I made a few hundred bucks off it for several years until the pool itself died. I got labelled the 'grim reaper'. I think my best year was 14/20 successful picks. It was meant to be a celebrity dead pool, but then guys started drafting people that were arguable in terms of their celebrity status. Turned into a forum shouting match. We eventually shut it down, which was sad.

I thought about suggesting it on here, but then thought better of it. No need to increase the level of drama on here. That, and transferring money would be more problematic. Then, there's also the moral questions.

Degen poker players have very few morals.
Could see that as the plot of an episode of a TV crime show. Guy involved in a "Dead Pool" going out and offing his picks so he can make money off of them.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Arithmetic?

2013 - 1917 = 99? :001_huh:

futtyos

141 - 160 of 719 Posts