Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

161 - 180 of 719 Posts

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
2013 - 1917 = 99? :001_huh:

futtyos
Zsa Zsa is gone at 99. Several years ago, I participated in a dead pool and was pretty much on top every year. I drafted Zsa Zsa first for I think 5 years in a row or something. She eluded me every time. One of the guys in the pool made this little gem for me.

Reactions: 007 Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
2013 - 1917 = 99? :001_huh:

futtyos
Nah, back in 2013 I got the first draft pick in the DP so of course I drafted the coveted Zsa Zsa. Struck out with her that year... again. One of the guys in the pool that year made that little gif or whatever it is for me.

I just added it for the halibut.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Carrie Fisher
and most unfortunately Britney Spears is NOT dead.

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Wow, 2016 has been a brutal year. Fisher was only 60.

Nobody mentioned George Michael, gone at 53. Had been using a bunch of heroin over the last year or two apparently.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Wow, 2016 has been a brutal year. Fisher was only 60.

Nobody mentioned George Michael, gone at 53. Had been using a bunch of heroin over the last year or two apparently.
That was a big surprise to me. I thought he had died years ago.

And Vera Rubin, a heroine of mine.

Reactions: Wildbill7145

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I got to see Butch and the Allman Brothers sometime back around 1979 or 1980. It was memorable for a couple of reasons. First, they sounded great. What stood out to me, however, was this was the first time I ever saw a musician storm off stage in a tantrum. Guitarist Dickey Betts was having trouble with one of his guitars. He threw it at the roadie, grabbed another one, had problems with it, smashed it on the floor, and left the stage, not to ever return. This was quite early in the set list. I thought, what a jerk. The other guitarist, Dan Toler, didn't miss a lick, and you would have hardly known there were supposed to be two guitarists out there. I thought Toler was quite the professional.

As far as Butch Trucks, he played great along with the other drummer, Jai Johanny Johanson (Jaimoe). He did a cool solo on a set of kettle drums (tympani), and used some rudimental chops that I, as a drummer, recognized and thought was a cool thing to do. LOL. Good times.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
About an hour ago I read a little tribute to Butch Trucks by a current member of the band.

He said that Butch Trucks was the Lou Gehrig of rock drummers, and that he was the only member of the band who never missed a single gig in the nearly fifty-year touring career of the band. I think that is beyond impressive. The only other drummer I've ever read about with a perfect attendance record is Simon Kirke of Bad Company.

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
Farewell John Hurt.

One of the most shocking scenes I can remember, because of its subdued and normal setting which turned into instant horror, was from the movie Alien. John Hurt, as one of the crew members, enters the ship's break room after recovering from an alien attack earlier that day. He looks exhausted and greets the other crew members who are also weary from the day's events but are very happy to see him back.

After a couple of laughs and what appears to be a very hungry John stuffing food in his mouth, suddenly erupts into him vibrating into a fit of spasms. The crew members scramble to hold down his convulsing body on the dining table before all are sprayed with a shower of blood and guts as a small alien creature, with sharp teeth, exits john's abdomen then quickly slithers away, leaving everyone shocked.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
One of my favorite movies. When my daughter's were born I was in the room and people that have never seen a birth before asked me what it was like I would ask them if they saw alien and do they remember that scene.I would say you have seen a birth.

161 - 180 of 719 Posts