Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi everybody, my name is Don.
Professional painter for the last 20+ years, dealing with hundreds and hundreds of customers, some living in modest homes, others in 4 to 8 million dollar mansions.
Why Am I mentioning this, just to emphasize the interactions with people of various spectrum of wealth I had, yet, them being very capable of being very polite.

I'm watching this thread from the beginning, and what caught my attention is the attitude of the OP.
Not a single word of Thank You to all the members who offered him their advice, even if that advice was not what he was looking for.
But simple Thank you, would be a nice gesture on OP's part to acknowledge the time and effort they took trying to help him.

Yet in his latest post OP is aggravated that nobody is catering to his requests, providing very limited scope of details relating to the problems he is facing.

"Hey everybody, my car broke, how do I fix it"
Excuse me, what does money have to do with anything? Ok so you say wealthy and modest, what are you trying to imply? I didn't come on here to be judged and hear about your biography. my second post was not aggravated and i've been busy 'working for a living' and was going to thank everyone as I am grateful to anybody who took their time to share their expertise. also, You didn't chime in with you 20+ years experience to give any insight what kind of attitude is that? and I didnt provide little detail i was descriptive about the products, chemicals and issue at hand being solvent pop. Please forgive my reprobate manners for not upholding your backdoor false antagonistic forum etiquette.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Butyl Cellosolve isn’t conducive in alkyd oils…a solvent blend such as the Interlux 333 I mentioned retards drying due to containing slow evaporating solvents

edit: a splash of white kero will also serve as a retarder and will allow the lighter solvents in the coating to flash off w/out developing solvent pop craters..not a 100% guaranteed but it should work
It worked!, The interlux 333 saved the day as did you. Thank you very much

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
4,137 Posts
yeah id like to remain a little bit private seen as how there are trolls on here. @Don Painting Services
Wasn't asking you for your address and Phone #, simply if you are a contractor etc. Normally you'll get more responses to questions. This site is for pro's and the rules clearly state that when you sign up. thanks.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts