Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
Sorry let the book clarify. Didn't know we were play'n the word game, I miss spoke when I said felony. :rolleyes:

"The CSLB’s applications and other forms include questions regarding criminal convictions. The CSLB may deny a license if the crime is substantially related to the duties, functions and qualifications of a contractor. Failure to disclose the requested information may, in and of itself, be grounds for denial of a license. Even if a crime is found to be substantially related to the duties, functions and qualifications of a contractor, an individual may be licensed if he or she has demonstrated sufficient rehabilitation. See Rule 869 in Chapter 13 of the California Contractor’s License Law & Reference Book.

In 2003, the Legislature mandated that all applicants for licenses and home
improvement salesperson registrations would be required to submit fingerprints with each application. All new applicants for licensure, including each officer, partner, owner and responsible managing employee; and all home improvement salespersons will have to submit fingerprints."

http://www.cslb.ca.gov/applicants/ContractorsLicense/NoExamApplication/BeforeApplyingForLicense.asp

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I knew a guy "A roofer" who was a convicted felon who was licensed. One day we were just sitting around talking about guns, he told me he could not own one and then explained why. This was many years ago. But I know there are many out there that have been convicted of a felon that are licensed. Not personally but I know they exist.

If you did the crime, then the time then you were cool after I see no reason why you could not run a construction business. Just seems like double jeopardy to me. I can see for certain jobs, but to paint a few walls, run some wire, or fix somebody's toilet does not make sense to me.

Pat

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
If you did the crime, then the time then you were cool after I see no reason why you could not run a construction business. Just seems like double jeopardy to me. I can see for certain jobs, but to paint a few walls, run some wire, or fix somebody's toilet does not make sense to me.

Pat
Sooo, if a molester "did the crime and served the time", could you trust him or her painting your kids/nephew/god child's room?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not fond of lowballers. Customers deserve a recourse for less than perfect work. They have none with non- licensed "Contractors". As a contractor, I can deliver the on the promise of great work, my customers are covered. All it takes for the non pro is one stupid slip up and laws being broken will be uncovered. Not to mention spending what little money you have on what ever it is you broke or cousin Bob ruined with paint. " I'm sorry dude, it was an accident" YOU KNOW COUSIN bOB, WE ALL HAVE ONE.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts