1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Epoxy Dude
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
FT painter/FT dad
1,254 Posts
I think we need to make a section just for wolvey!

like a section called..."mad scientist" or "hypothetical scenarios" or "to mix or not to mix" or "fun facts only wolvey understands" or the "you ever heard of ______" section

lol

you're a truely unique guy wolvey, that's why I'm nominating you for you own section on paint talk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ice, Sponge, Bicarbonate of Soda (Baking Soda), Cob ......

Wolvey - would you like to back me on my new idea for abrasive media?

Coffee grinds! Cheap, endless supply, enviro-friendly, smells good. Probably leaves a nice 1.5 mil profile depending on whether its drip or perc.

Mndrk

·
Go Cardinals!!!
145 Posts
Yup, got a friend who uses it for mold remediation.

·
Banned
15,692 Posts
I've used sponge to blast off lead from steel. The sponge comes in different grades from mild to aggressive. It's lighter then other media's and produces virtually no dust other then what you’re blasting off.

I've used baking soda through a pressure washer to remove graffiti from split face concrete block. It works OK but clogs easily. I don't like the alkaline residue it leaves, especially around plants. I don't know, maybe it's good for them. I'm not a gardener

I've considered dry ice blasting, but heard the equipment is expensive.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
A crew used the dry ice blasting to strip down to bare metal ceiling joists in the fire dept a couple of weeks ago. Seems like it didn't take too long it was all done.

I intend to research it along with the soda blasting as well. Skimmed over an article talking about it in a magazine called 'Cleaner Times' not too long ago.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
we gotta get a big back hoe and bury these dead threads deeper. The forum is now pock marked with signs of grave robbing.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
I think n8er is on a mission to rob all the graves he can tonight :thumbup: ;) :whistling2:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Used ice for a large proofer at Pepperidge Farm Bakery. Blasted to SSPC-10 and two coats of epoxy mastic. Still looks great after 10 years.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts