Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a Handyman. I would consider that approximately 20-30% of my work is made up of small painting projects and/or "touch-up" painting.

I was trained to paint professionally by my ex-husband, who was a professional painting contractor for years in the Chicago area. That was two decades ago, however, and I know that both products and "best-practices" have changed during that time.

I am glad to find this forum to help me hone some rusty skills, and to learn from contemporary professionals, how to better my skills in this area.

Thank you for your forum.
DonaM

Premium Member
Hello, I am a Handyman. I would consider that approximately 20-30% of my work is made up of small painting projects and/or "touch-up" painting.

I was trained to paint professionally by my ex-husband, who was a professional painting contractor for years in the Chicago area. That was two decades ago, however, and I know that both products and "best-practices" have changed during that time.

I am glad to find this forum to help me hone some rusty skills, and to learn from contemporary professionals, how to better my skills in this area.

Thank you for your forum.
DonaM
Welcome!

Because you've painted professionally before, there really isn't going to be much of a re-entry curve. Other than the low VOC paints, things haven't changed much.

As always, the key to painting is managing logistics. That separates the competent person from the slap happy painter.

Anonymous Tard
Eminence in Satin is your friend. And welcome! The hazing process will be short this time. ;P

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Registered
Gym is so old that he remembers the first paint product ever...

Getrex, I have a newspaper clipping of my great-grandfather (Pinchy Williams) and the caption under his picture says, "An old Painter." He was taking a break from painting a house when a photographer came up to him and asked if he could take his picture.

Super Moderator
Getrex, I have a newspaper clipping of my great-grandfather (Pinchy Williams) and the caption under his picture says, "An old Painter." He was taking a break from painting a house when a photographer came up to him and asked if he could take his picture.
That'd be pretty cool to see.

Anonymous Tard
If paint rollers could roll in their grave.. oh the stories they could tell..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts