Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
That is great John! Nice straight lines for sure!

What is that on the door to the garage? I googled "doorgaurd" and got lots of security type stuff?

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is great John! Nice straight lines for sure!

What is that on the door to the garage? I googled "doorgaurd" and got lots of security type stuff?
Just door protection the owners will remove I guess when they move in.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Nice John!

The door guard caught my too...not yours then?

Reactions: johnpaint

·
Premium Member
15,327 Posts
Nice job johnpaint! No offense, but I always thought you were Shri Lankian from your writing style J/K.:)

As far as the comments about the roller pans, I think they work pretty good. Just started using them at work this year. Primarily since so many professional painters were using them back east. All my paining colleagues think I've gone soft using them, but after more then twenty years in this business, I think I know what works best for me.

Thanks for sharing the video.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I take it you are not painting any of the trim/doors?
No,the house was already painted we just came in for the new owners that wanted some accent walls and the main common areas painted a darker color. We also talked the owners into doing a flat finish on the common area walls because the orange peel texture was flashing so bad throughout the house, this worked wonders also. Got to love flat wall paint.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice job johnpaint! No offense, but I always thought you were Shri Lankian from your writing style J/K.:)

As far as the comments about the roller pans, I think they work pretty good. Just started using them at work this year. Primarily since so many professional painters were using them back east. All my paining colleagues think I've gone soft using them, but after more then twenty years in this business, I think I know what works best for me.

Thanks for sharing the video.
wow, that's a first, Shri Lankian? Just don't call me late for dinner I guess.

·
Born To Be Mild
4,956 Posts
Is that Sev's ladder laying in the driveway? :jester:

At first I thought, "Damn! This guy's really tall! His head is over the chandelier." :eek: Then you turned around and I got another look at it.

Nice work. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is that Sev's ladder laying in the driveway? :jester:

At first I thought, "Damn! This guy's really tall! His head is over the chandelier." :eek: Then you turned around and I got another look at it.

Nice work. :thumbsup:
Yeah funny, I liked his set up so much that we imported his ladder up here.

·
I'm Colour Blind
1,630 Posts
Very nice work there, John. Bold colours too.:thumbup:

That Door Guard protection. I realise it isn't your doing. But that would be good to have with the business name and web address on it.
Tho' the folks who have you in already know who you are anyway, so I'll shut my my mouth now and get my coat :)

Cool van too, John!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts