Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
J. R. Painting
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten a few job leads and one quite successful contract through DemandStar which is an online bid platform.

My question is, where are some good places to look for FREE online public and private commercial contracting opportunities. The key word is free. Builders exchanges want $500-$1000 yearly membership. Other organizations want $1800-$2000/yr. I can't risk or afford that. Just looking for some tips. What have you found that works?

Here are the ones I know of: (not all free)
The Blue Book
Builders Exchange
Onvia DemandStar

Beyond that, what yields the best fruit? Calling cities, counties, contracting firms to sub for? In my experience, many people want to say they are the way to go. I pursue a working relationship and turns out they are just full of hot air.

I hope this made sense. I searched for similar threads and didn't find one like this.

·
J. R. Painting
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ISQFT is another I've become aware of. If anyone out there is making any of these work, I'd be all ears. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I use reeds construction... $112 per month... not much out there for free....I starting biding consistently in January....

The biggest thing is getting the information on all the gcs who are bidding...if you miss one and they get it....u wasted ur time...

I was in the same boat....now ive landed to resturaunt remodels valued at around $30,000

Best advice is get on a program and keep biding.....

It was secret personal new years resolution to go commercial....it was scary and still is...but worth it.....

Isqft is really expensive but I'm looking into blue book...might switch

I'm sure other guys with much more experience will have more help...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts