Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before people start bashing me, i am a 3rd generation union painter, starting my own non union business and have been doing fairly well in the residential market, but i'm wondering how i could get into the commercial sector? seems like a noob question but call me a noob in this area.:whistling2: basically wondering if you need to know people in that area to get their business or if its a public system or some sort.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
before people start bashing me, i am a 3rd generation union painter, starting my own non union business and have been doing fairly well in the residential market, but i'm wondering how i could get into the commercial sector? seems like a noob question but call me a noob in this area.:whistling2: basically wondering if you need to know people in that area to get their business or if its a public system or some sort.
I did a job for a guy that works for one of those companies. From what I hear it can be a crap shoot, they're not always looking for the lowest bidder, just a low bid. What I would do is approach a smaller company who does one job at a time, get used to it, then when you can branch out and hire guys, etc you'll have a portfolio, and a crew to handle the projects

·
Do NOT Drink Paint
166 Posts
Many publicly funded commercial painting jobs can be found online through a simple google search for "requests for tender" and can be bid on. Just make sure you have your ducks in a row like hefty liability insurance, workers comp account, safety training certs. etc. Also keep in mind that some of the payment terms can be a bit out there. 90 days or more is not unheard of.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I've always was shy with with the lead generation services, do they really work? Scams?

C&C Painting and Wallcovering
www.ccpaintwc.com
They work great...depends what your looking for....it's not per lead...i pay per state and it's not that expensive. ..i pay about $600-$700 for 17 states with my best program..that's quarterly too....alot of retail...grocery stores..hotels ..condos/apartments...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts