Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if there's been a thread about this, but any thoughts on the cause? I've seen em of all sizes on different jobs from time to time. My buddy just sent me this pic. I couldn't help but laugh because it wasn't happening to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Could be several things happening. Depends, as usual.

If its solvent based it could be the solvent trying to get out of it, too aggressive a rolling maybe.

Could be the coat under neath it was oil and then latex put on top.

Could be like the above poster said, too much moisture either humidity or mixed into the paint.

Lots of different things.

Good luck to your friend on the fix.

·
Registered
852 Posts
All of the above, plus..simply air bubbles surfacing from a gallon that was recently agressively shaken at the store for a long time and layed on thick? Seems unlikely but this isn't very common either.
Is that eggshell very shiny, or just the lighting/angle?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I had it happen several times on one job. Turned out that those walls were painted by someone that worked in the office, and I believe that no primer was used (just a painter and primer in one) on new plaster. I fixed it by putting some Gardz on it and then painted. Although there was some bubbling with the Gardz, but none after with the new coat of paint. I think that next time I will try the oil primer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.