Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! After several samples we finally nailed the perfect exterior yellow (kind of a butter cream) for our house in Watsonville, CA. I mean we covered one side of the house with sample paint mixes before my wife and I finally agreed. The store gave me the formula that supposedly could be used universally. This was 10 years ago and we have since sold the house and moved out of the area. We now want to paint a new house the same color. Problem: No one seems to be able to interpret the code. The paint store (a small independent) sold to SW 6 years ago and has no records of previous owner and doesn't recognize the code. I don't remember the brand either. Here is what I was given: C 1y28 L 15 P 1y22 Base 4701 Can anyone translate? Mike

·
17,831 Posts
Easiest thing to do would be to compromise on the color by a slight variation, you can easily do this by using a fan deck or paint store sample strips and finding a color that is just slightly off.

Thanks for posting on PaintTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.