Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one use airless hose guard covers over their spray hose? I have used them with some rental sprayer that had them and found them to be a bit cumbersome. However I am not sure whether it makes sense to use them on my own gear. They seem pretty cheap.

·
Administrator
20,037 Posts
When I do places where carpets have been ripped out and carpet tack strips are exposed, I sometimes slip some pipe insulation covers over the hose and they do a good job of providing protection. Sure, they can make the hose a bit less flexble, but not by much, and it beats getting a puncture. Being cheap, readily available, lightweight, and easy to put on are pluses. A little duct tape can help keep them in place.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed General Contractor, Painting Contractor
2,213 Posts
When I do places where carpets have been ripped out and carpet tack strips are exposed, I sometimes slip some pipe insulation covers over the hose and they do a good job of providing protection. Sure, they can make the hose a bit less flexble, but not by much, and it beats getting a puncture. Being cheap, readily available, lightweight, and easy to put on are pluses. A little duct tape can help keep them in place.
Back when we used to do a lot of production work, we'd thread the spray hose through some old garden hose. I'm sure pipe insulation works great too. We tried wrapping in several different things, but most had to be reinforced every few feet, since we were having to move from unit to unit, covering a lot of real estate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts