Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Probably, that's why I asked if anyone else had the problem, helps if you say which browser, and if it appears at a certain thread or what, helps Nathan to find the issue. The fact that many don't see it is odd as well.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
So I did some more research and discovered what the problem is.

It's a virus called the Google Redirect Virus.

Here's a snippet from the page I found:

The Google Redirect Virus is a computer infection which sees to it your Internet browser becomes the launch-pad for many different spam companies. Essentially, this virus works to 'redirect' your Google results to some advertising websites, making your browsing experience extremely annoying and non-relevant to what you are looking for. Fortunately, you can remove this problem quite easily and here's how.

The Google redirect virus is essentially a virus program that comes from Trojan horses. These are small software tools which install themselves on your PC, and "piggy-back" their way onto your PC from legitimate programs, such as some software or email attachments. This virus likely came from a download you performed, or even from a rogue email.
I tried Zone Alarm by Checkpoint, Malwarebytes, and neither detected the virus. Spyware Doctor detected it within 10 seconds of running the program. Not a free program though unfortunately.

Here's how to get rid of it:

http://www.review-buddy.com/spyware-removers/how-to-remove-google-redirect-virus.html

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Hey guys,

Sorry, I was away on a quick vacation and just got back. First, we never knowingly serve pop up ads or expandable ads so if something like this pops up it's without our knowledge.

I've opened a ticket and this pop up should stop soon. Not sure where it is coming from but we will get it fixed asap.

Thanks for letting us know.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts