Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone used this software from CPR........i have the trial version and it seems very simplistic to use, but im just wondering if anyone has the full version and is it worth it............also, does anyone know where the cost codes come from....is it some kind of national average that they use?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for the response.........but is there a way to change the numbers?........i cant figure it out.unless maybe with the trial version you just cant do it.......im lost:(

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Crap, I'm talking about the wrong software. But yes, I also have the CPR Paintcost system loaded too. To edit the costs, just click on the tab at the bottom that takes you to the 'cost data' page. Then click on the box with the price in it, and input whatever you want. You can also change the hourly labor rates and markup from the last tab.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
im also looking for customizable etimating and cost spreadsheets.
Download the trial CPR version we are talking about. It will give you a basic idea of what is out there. Personally, I haven't found one I like yet. Some are way too involved, and some aren't customizable enough. I have looked at a lot of them, and then basically made my own spread sheets in excel to track different cost/expenses. If you use Quickbboks, it can track a lot of things for you too.

·
Rock On
2,451 Posts
I tried it
I didn't care for it
It was too simplistic and not customizable enough for me

·
Registered
51 Posts
I really like it, it saves me quite a bit of time with having to bid jobs, so that I can get back to talking to customers.. It allows you to change everything in terms of how much paint costs and how long it takes you to paint.. so that you can get the best bids you can.

I've changed all the preferences and used their software and then did the bid the long way and they were both really close, so I've used the software ever since. Very easy to use and helps alot.

·
Flog a Mocker
1,493 Posts
I've had it for a while but rarely use it. It is sometimes useful but I found that it was a decent base to then adjust where I thought was necessary. Every now and then I will open it to run a couple of numbers a different way.

·
Rock On
2,451 Posts
...as the original thread and software critic'd is a few years old, I'm sure the original critics (me included) would like a new trial run before any new readers of this necro-thread assume we are acquainted with the latest version

1 - 13 of 13 Posts