Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there are more women painters that have joined the forum and wanted to ask, what do you wear for painter pants?

This is a real problem for me. There's no way I'll wear those unflattering, man pants that sag in the rear and give me a pseudo johnson when I sit down. Why are there no girl fitting, white carpenter pants with loops and cargo pockets?

The closest thing I can find are white dickies on Amazon. They're actually scrubs so the material isn't the best for painting. Not to mention, since they're white, I have to wear spanx under them for privacy.

I found some carhartt jeggings! Getting closer, but no loops or cargo pockets. Ugh.. The struggle is real! Where are the female friendly painter pants?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Carhartt, and Duluth trading make womens work pants. they are more money than standard painters pants, and i'm not sure if the come in white though.

If there is a fitment issue, then I totally understand the need for women's paints. But I wouldn't worry about how flattering work cloths look. As long as you look professional, and presentable.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carhartt, and Duluth trading make womens work pants. they are more money than standard painters pants, and i'm not sure if the come in white though.

If there is a fitment issue, then I totally understand the need for women's paints. But I wouldn't worry about how flattering work cloths look. As long as you look professional, and presentable.
It's hard to feel professional wearing pants that look like someone gave me because I had no other choice. I can't express the disdain enough. Or maybe I have. I'll stop now.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
I'm 5' 1/2". Finding pants that fit for any occasion just sucks period. That being said, I surrendered to the traditional painters whites many, many years ago. Pick your store. I cycle them through often no rips, holes, too much paint on em, etc. They don't last long but I don't care.they're cheap. I wear em cuz they're designed for the work we do, cheap, and ez to get. If ya find something better let us know!! I just stopped looking cuz I'm not spending more than $20 on something that's gonna last about 6 months and get chucked.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I usually go to a consignment store. Buy 3 or 4 pair of decently fitting jeans for $5 each and wear them until they get too stiff with paint to bend my knees.

I've been asked if I buy my jeans like that... Which makes me think I can probably sell them on ebay as custom designer pants

1 - 11 of 11 Posts