Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,554 Posts
I did do a search of women's whites the other day but I think I came up empty actually?)
I did a search for women in white pants and was shocked to realize that so many women painters are suffering from standard painting garb when there are quite a few options out there that look really comfortable, albeit a little tight. But, I think the material is really stretchy:blink:

·
still in the bucket
1,383 Posts
I get most of my white pants from a work clothes outlet.I think they are made for restaurant employees, not sure.They are light weight and comfortable.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I did a search for women in white pants and was shocked to realize that so many women painters are suffering from standard painting garb when there are quite a few options out there that look really comfortable, albeit a little tight. But, I think the material is really stretchy:blink:
Dickies comes up as having women's whites but it looks like that's out of date info because the trail goes cold. Otherwise tight stretchy white pants would be great for the folks watching you climb ladders but maybe not so much for the tools you want to carry and the holes you're trying to avoid making?
I'm tall so I don't mind wearing the men's pants, they fit ok. The bibs do feel better around the midsection that's true but they weigh down your shoulders and going pee is a gigantic pain in the butt, especially if you're in a hurry! I'd love to try the armed workwear ones but they must be on an extended vacation?...

·
Premium Member
15,554 Posts
Painter's pants uncomfortable for women.
One of our painters thinks so here
Any of the women here try any of the women's specific brands?
Dickies comes up as having women's whites but it looks like that's out of date info because the trail goes cold. Otherwise tight stretchy white pants would be great for the folks watching you climb ladders but maybe not so much for the tools you want to carry and the holes you're trying to avoid making?
I'm tall so I don't mind wearing the men's pants, they fit ok. The bibs do feel better around the midsection that's true but they weigh down your shoulders and going pee is a gigantic pain in the butt, especially if you're in a hurry! I'd love to try the armed workwear ones but they must be on an extended vacation?...
if white painter pants for women are hard to find, maybe a different color like grey, with a white T-shirt may fit the bill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
if white painter pants for women are hard to find, maybe a different color like grey, with a white T-shirt may fit the bill.
Those grey pants do look like they'd be much more comfortable, but at the same time they're more than twice the price of painters pants on SALE. I'd hate to spend 50$ on a pair of pants for work that i would end up having to throw away when I got too much paint on them. *sigh* They're perfect except for the price it seems. Cargo pants are a great idea, the problem I had with working in jeans at home was the lack of pockets.

Also thanks everyone for your comments on my first blog! :D

·
Painting Contractor
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Those grey pants do look like they'd be much more comfortable, but at the same time they're more than twice the price of painters pants on SALE. I'd hate to spend 50$ on a pair of pants for work that i would end up having to throw away when I got too much paint on them. *sigh* They're perfect except for the price it seems. Cargo pants are a great idea, the problem I had with working in jeans at home was the lack of pockets.

We could ask them for "a few" for review purposes.

·
Retired Moderator
10,323 Posts

Erin, (and George), if in the future you could copy and paste your article directly in your post instead of linking to another site, that would be great. George has been a great and valued member here for some time. Hopefully you will also. It was a great read.

But one question, how does a manufacturer make painter's pants for women? No way every woman is going to be happy. According to my wife, the size and fit of women's pants differs with almost every brand. I mean, what the hell is a size 18 petite?!? (No, not my wife....she's an 8 petite). My suggestion is just to buy the men's, cut them to daisydukes and a pair of suspenders.;)

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
[/COLOR]

Erin, (and George), if in the future you could copy and paste your article directly in your post instead of linking to another site, that would be great. George has been a great and valued member here for some time. Hopefully you will also. It was a great read.

But one question, how does a manufacturer make painter's pants for women? No way every woman is going to be happy. According to my wife, the size and fit of women's pants differs with almost every brand. I mean, what the hell is a size 18 petite?!? (No, not my wife....she's an 8 petite). My suggestion is just to buy the men's, cut them to daisydukes and a pair of suspenders.;)
This actually refers to women under 5'3" (or is it 5'2"?).The proportions of sleeves, length and back waist measurements are different than average height or tall woman. Don't ask me how I know this. So an 18 petite would fit differently than an 18 reg. or long, etc. etc....It is not easy to find petite clothing, BTW.

·
Retired Moderator
10,323 Posts
This actually refers to women under 5'3" (or is it 5'2"?).The proportions of sleeves, length and back waist measurements are different than average height or tall woman. Don't ask me how I know this. So an 18 petite would fit differently than an 18 reg. or long, etc. etc....It is not easy to find petite clothing, BTW.
So what you're saying is "short and fat".:yes:

·
Flog a Mocker
1,493 Posts
Yes, that's why I don't wear painters pants. Gap jeans, great fit, I could care less how much they cost. I have to be comfortable or I can't work.:yes:
See, Ya'll have way too many choices. I go shopping and it's whether I want the blue Levi's in size 34 or . . . ok, so it really doesn't take long for me to go shopping.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
I'm now wearing pants I grew out of decades ago.

32w

(boy I know how many people HATE it when someone says that :whistling2: )

21 - 40 of 58 Posts