Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
I wear bibs all the time but with the straps tied around the waist (I'm odd like that).

I did buy some Dickies but they were really uncomfortable - although I do believe that was down to me buying 2 sizes too small (womens logic :rolleyes:) ) and I got them when I was in a store out of town so can't be bothered to take them back.

So seriously if anyone wants some free, unworn, whites 28 waist 32 leg just pay the postage and you can have them, they're still in the bag!

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
I wear bibs all the time but with the straps tied around the waist (I'm odd like that).

I did buy some Dickies but they were really uncomfortable - although I do believe that was down to me buying 2 sizes too small (womens logic :rolleyes:) ) and I got them when I was in a store out of town so can't be bothered to take them back.

So seriously if anyone wants some free, unworn, whites 28 waist 32 leg just pay the postage and you can have them, they're still in the bag!

28:eek:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I started wearing these pants and shorts... due to lack of choices. Fit is good, high waist so no plumbers crack, the material could be improved, very synthetic feeling and have not gotten softer with repeated washings, zipper is going to fail, 5 in 1 does not fit well and not at all in the shorts. I cut off the big pink patch on the butt.

I was not impressed with the Duluth Co fire hose pants-fit not that great, no place for the 5 in 1. Very $$$

I cannot find any painters whites in a women's size. Dickies no longer makes them. Carhartt has a weird greenish khaki and a brown colored carpenter pant -do not like the fit. I wore cabella carpenter jeans for years!!! They stopped production about 4 years ago. Carhartt used to make a carpenter short in a stone color...close to white. They were great!

http://www.surfacesfinepaint.com/fauxypainter/

·
Registered
164 Posts
Work clothes need to fit and work for you. If not it is the same as using any other tool that ends up costing you because it is not working right or irritating you and affecting your production.
Look at how much time we spend in work clothes and the fact once we are at work there is no changing into anything else.
My suggestion to the remedy to this problem is easy for me for I have a readily available resource but even it I didn't I would find it in my best interest to seek out someone to do the same thing. I have a sister that is into sewing and has all the necessary machines to do any and all alterations to clothes. So heres my suggestion. Find and pay a seamstress to alter as needed clothes for work purposes. Cost is always an issue but you need to weigh it against the plain irritation and lost productivity.
As business owners look at what we pay for equipment and why we choose the higher cost item over the cheaper one.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Work clothes need to fit and work for you. If not it is the same as using any other tool that ends up costing you because it is not working right or irritating you and affecting your production.
Look at how much time we spend in work clothes and the fact once we are at work there is no changing into anything else.
My suggestion to the remedy to this problem is easy for me for I have a readily available resource but even it I didn't I would find it in my best interest to seek out someone to do the same thing. I have a sister that is into sewing and has all the necessary machines to do any and all alterations to clothes. So heres my suggestion. Find and pay a seamstress to alter as needed clothes for work purposes. Cost is always an issue but you need to weigh it against the plain irritation and lost productivity.
As business owners look at what we pay for equipment and why we choose the higher cost item over the cheaper one.
Great post. We talk about not skimping on work shoes/boots, but yeah; if the pants are a PITA that makes the work day worse than it should be too.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
15,554 Posts
And it doesn't just end with work clothing and boots. Socks and undergarments are just as important IMO. I just recently paid a premium price for five
Carhart T-shirts, with a pocket, for use under my uniform. I now need to pay a premium for some good quality boxer briefs. The Carhart socks are working pretty good also.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
And it doesn't just end with work clothing and boots. Socks and undergarments are just as important IMO. I just recently paid a premium price for five
Carhart T-shirts, with a pocket, for use under my uniform. I now need to pay a premium for some good quality boxer briefs. The Carhart socks are working pretty good also.
I'll have to check out the Carhart T-shirts. Been buying Dickies brand for years now, but the quality is slipping.

·
Banned
3,745 Posts
I just sent the old lady to the Good Will store to load me up with winter work tops. Can't beat the Good Will store IMO for getting some heavy warm and comfortable tops to wear for work. $3 bucks or so per.

·
Banned
3,745 Posts
As far as the painter pants on the women, well, I can think of two young ladies that them white pants seem to fit pretty darn good on. I cannot help but notice that.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts