Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,
I recently installed some thin brick veneer on top of a cinderblock extension on my house.

The whole rest of my house is very old brick (a patchwork of 100 years of fixes), and my plan was to paint it all white, and paint the new brick veneer white to match the rest of the house.

I've read that I should wait a year before painting new brick, and wondering if that applies to thin brick veneer applications as well.

I would much rather paint everything in one go a month from now when I paint the rest of the house, so hoping for some advice or guidance!
FYI - I'm in Toronto Canada, in case climate is a factor.
Thanks!
Sean

·
Super Moderator
Licensed General Contractor, Painting Contractor
2,210 Posts
Hi Sean. Check with the veneer company regarding when to paint. In the meantime, feel free to visit our sister site at the link below. Many of our members here are also members there, so you should find answers to your questions. Nobody other than the veneer manufacturer will be able to give you 100% accurate advice for painting your veneer though. Good luck.

PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com. If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to Register.

This thread is now closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.