Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a job coming up in a couple and the HO and I were thinking of painting the ceramic tiles in the lower half of the bathroom instead of gutting the lower half of the bathroom walls as the tiles are a very dated burgundy color .
I was thinking of priming with Stix and two coats of of either Cabinet Coat or Break Through . What do y'all think ?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I think you'd be best off using something like Rustoleum's Tub and Tile paint, or something similar to that, basically an epoxy of some sort, rather than a cabinet grade paint. Remember being in a bathroom and all that entails, people will want to scrub it, it will get dirty, etc, and of course there's exponentially more humidity than a kitchen.

This here came out surprisingly well for brush and roll with a DIY kit, and some of them are tintable, too.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
3,915 Posts
I have a job coming up in a couple and the HO and I were thinking of painting the ceramic tiles in the lower half of the bathroom instead of gutting the lower half of the bathroom walls as the tiles are a very dated burgundy color .
I was thinking of priming with Stix and two coats of of either Cabinet Coat or Break Through . What do y'all think ?
I've done that exact method. Works great. I would scratch the tiles up with some 180 grit first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts