Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i usually stop takin exterior jobs in early sept,so i never had problems with the rain, but since it seemed like that summer was startin late i figured what da hell, one more. now the rain is here im not sure how long i need to wait before i can start caulkin, and is it ok to paint if its raining the next day. i'll be using moorlife and moorglo.

·
17,849 Posts
You will need a good dry day for your caulking, you will need the same for painting.
If your surface is dry and no rain untill the paint dries then you will be fine.
I am figuring you are using a water bourne paint so you just need a couple few hours.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I paint until the snow fly's. You might want to invest in a moisture meter, around $125, so you can take advantage of those late fall days.

·
Rock On
2,451 Posts
You might want to invest in a moisture meter
The better the meter, the better off you are
But you can get a 1/2 decent moisture meter for around $35

·
FT painter/FT dad
1,254 Posts
and is it ok to paint if its raining the next day
Being a quality painter has nothing to do with guessing, it's about being precise. So, I suppose I'd have to agree with purchasing a moister meter like the other guys to solve this issue you have. You can't guess with things like this, your name and reputation is on the line.

I bought my meter for $100, but there are decent meters for less. You will be shooting in the dark until you get one, sorry to say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts