Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
1. Did you mean aversion?

2. Powder coating is widely used in the coating industry. Particularly for performance in industrial settings. It has excellent chemical and abrasion resistance, and typically has a quick turnaround for items the size of the one discussed here.

3. By "the real deal" do you mean that powder coating would be better suited if you had many many items on a daily bases?

At the end of the day, a DTM like PPG Pitt Tech Plus or SW Procryl is all one needs for the item discussed in this thread. But you have to present the options.
Took me a while to get back. Inversion as in no sovent over acrylic. This works in certain situations. I have reservations about the necessity but
with the advent of SW polysiloxanes I am prepared for the worst.
The real deal means white blast, thermal arc, benched or site, and
solvent-based two pots.
The fundamental principles don't change, industrial or domestic. If you can, do it right, if you can't , accept the karma.
PPG, I like it, certainly the isocyanates, now we're talking paint.:detective:

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
Took me a while to get back. Inversion as in no sovent over acrylic. This works in certain situations. I have reservations about the necessity but
with the advent of SW polysiloxanes I am prepared for the worst.
The real deal means white blast, thermal arc, benched or site, and
solvent-based two pots.
The fundamental principles don't change, industrial or domestic. If you can, do it right, if you can't , accept the karma.
PPG, I like it, certainly the isocyanates, now we're talking paint.:detective:
I've been experimenting with PPG 700SX Polysiloxane. It's a very promising replacement for polyurethanes because of the absence of isocyanates. But it's quite expensive.

I still think two coats of waterborne acrylic DTM (PPG Pitt Tech Plus) would work fine. Plus, you can tint it to match everything else. I wouldn't use as it as an interior trim paint other than the rods.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts