Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I hope it's ok to post here, I am not a painter but a homeowner. I have hired a professional painter to paint our house & wanted some advice from other professional painters.

To be clear, I did not hire this painter myself. I hired a contractor to do some soffit & facia work, and the contractor I hired has subcontracted out the painting.

We've decided to paint the entire house, aluminum siding & wood trim. The painter is telling me that they routinely paint everything attached to the house, electrical panel, galvanized conduit, plastic cable boxes, etc. I'm concerned about paint peeling off of these type of surfaces in the near future. I'm sure it would look great when he's done, but will it still look great 2-5 years from now?

Is my painter correct in telling me that this is routine, and should be done, will not be a problem because he is using Sherwin Williams SuperPaint. Or is he just being lazy not wanting to mask all this stuff off?

I'd love to have all this stuff painted the same color as the house, but not if I'm going to have peeling paint in a few years. I'd rather live with the galvanized metal, white plastic, etc. To me it looks fine as is.

Super Moderator
I've been waiting for this moment.

Thanks for posting on PaintTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com .

PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php .

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

Administrator
I've been waiting for this moment.

Thanks for posting on PaintTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com .

PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php .

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.
Give that man a cookie.:vs_clap:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.