Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  SterlingPainting 
#1 ·
Finally! A place to talk shop online:thumbsup:

My name is DEE. I started ColourWorks Painting in Toronto 8 years ago but have been in the business over 20 (no one starts from the beginning as the boss;)).

In addition to selling, consulting, designing and running painting and renovation projects, I also enjoy reading what other contractors have to say about the biz as well as having a few opinions of my own. I love this industry when things are good. And, of course, I can curse it just like I'm sure all of you do when things aren't so good.

What I find useful in tough times, though is to write articles and blogs about painting and painters and design and tips to try and shed a light on things for our potential clients out there so they know what we are trying to do for them. I believe that the more we can educate the public as to the real skill and ultimate value we can bring to them, the more they understand why we're worth the money!

So I'm glad to now find a place where I'm understood as a painting contractor and I'm looking forward to learning from all of you. The more we share, the better we can make our collective "game" for the benefit of painters and clients alike.:)

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks all, for the welcome! I'm glad to see (but not surprised) that my local comrades in paint are so well represented here. I've painted all over the world and even started in what I thought was the most competitive Los Angeles area painting market... until I got back home to Toronto. I'm pretty sure we've got more painters per square mile than anywhere else in North America. And I, for one, don't mind it! So much healthy competition keeps our game hopping and our standards high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.