Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I would truly appreciate picking your brains on this.... I usually work on electronics, but installing something for someone and need to use White Hard Unfinished Chair Rail Moulding coupled with White Hard Unfinished Crown Moulding as framing, somewhat like using them as picture frames, however, much bigger rectangles.

Anyhow, I've cut all the pieces to size and cut some extra smaller pieces to test paints/stains on. I want to use some sort of brown color on them. So I stained (Minwax wood finish Red Mahogany) a test piece and spray (Rust-Oleum Gloss Protective Enamel Leather Brown) painted another, just to see what the general look like would be with each. The result (see picture below) is the embossing gets lost with both the staining & the spray paint. And I am not too happy with how the color looks after, the details get lost in the color.

I scoured the internet, and although I found guides, they were all for moulding/trim without designs, just solid areas. Will priming these or sealing them first really make a big enough difference (I didn't on the test runs)?? Should I use a much lighter brown color??
Any "best approaches" when one wishes to paint these?? Anything else?

Thank you, truly appreciate any help or advice....

·
Super Moderator
6,692 Posts
PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com. If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php.

This thread is now closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.