Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a condo association that wants me to pressure wash and paint several multiple driveways together. They are about 15 years old. I know most of these types of concrete patterned types had either wax or silicone as a sealer.

Any one here familiar with how to prepare them for painting, or if pressure washing cleans them up sufficiently, what type of clear sealer is recommended.

I plan on doing two adhesion tests, one with a zylene based paint, and another with a latex based.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

·
Epoxy Dude
566 Posts
Got a condo association that wants me to pressure wash and paint several multiple driveways together. They are about 15 years old. I know most of these types of concrete patterned types had either wax or silicone as a sealer.

Any one here familiar with how to prepare them for painting, or if pressure washing cleans them up sufficiently, what type of clear sealer is recommended.

I plan on doing two adhesion tests, one with a zylene based paint, and another with a latex based.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
Most stamped or decorative concrete is coated with a solvent based thermoplastic acrylic sealer. It's CHEAP!

If you are looking for cheap... then... you can reapply a thermoplastic acrylic sealer...

Buy it here:

http://www.koverkrete.com/manual/coatings/klear_gard_sb.php

·
Epoxy Dude
566 Posts
Call Monica at KoverKrete... Tell her that Eric from Wolverine Coatings told you to call... They are good people with plenty of products... The have cheap to quality...

It you do a good job of pressure washing and prepping... the cheap thermoplastic will STILL do a good job here... Of course, they have more expensive products if you want... And, we make the Holy Grail of concrete coatings... starting at $200 per gallon... It would be WAY overkill...

Trust me... Call Monica...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts