Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I recently signed up so I am freshly new to the forums. I wan't to get any ones opinions/suggestions about paying for leads. I recently just signed up with Service Magic and I am currently thinking about Local Painter Quotes. The reason being is because the competition where I live has expanded greatly over the years and I need to find new marketing ways to recieve jobs. I am wondering if any of you have used these companies and what was your experience with them? Post quick because I haven't paid for a single lead yet and don't want to if they're all dead leads!

Thanks!
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Hey everyone,

I recently signed up so I am freshly new to the forums. I wan't to get any ones opinions/suggestions about paying for leads. I recently just signed up with Service Magic and I am currently thinking about Local Painter Quotes. The reason being is because the competition where I live has expanded greatly over the years and I need to find new marketing ways to recieve jobs. I am wondering if any of you have used these companies and what was your experience with them? Post quick because I haven't paid for a single lead yet and don't want to if they're all dead leads!

Thanks!
:thumbup:
http://www.painttalk.com/f4/service-magic-6389/

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how does the service work, Im thinking of trying it myself, I have herd mixed results and stories of SM both good and bad
Dave,

I have also read mixed messages about SM and I think the only way to find out if it works is to try it out. I have set a budget of a few hundred dollars. If I did not recieve a painting job after my funds run out I will be able to say it doesn't work for me. Until then I can't, it's worth a try and it depends on where you live too, and how far beyond your zip code your willing to travel. Good Luck. I will tell you how my experience goes after a few weeks.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
lead services...after reading the offers, I want to ditch painting and charge for leads myself! So many desperate painters out there, if I get even a couple hundred takers at $20....

I could sit on my puter all day in my grundies and make a nice profit!!

Personally, I wish for horrible death on people that leech off of hard working people and call it a "service".
If you aren't getting enough jobs on your own, it may be time to find a real job...

·
CraftJack
324 Posts
Personally, I wish for horrible death on people that leech off of hard working people and call it a "service".
If you aren't getting enough jobs on your own, it may be time to find a real job...
With that logic, you could be said to be "leeching" off lazy homeowners who don't feel like painting their own rooms and calling it a "service."

Some people can paint their houses. Some can't. And some can, but don't want to.

Some painters can generate their own leads. Some can't. And some can, but want more from every source possible.

In any event, wishing horrible deaths upon people is never a healthy feeling (Unless your are referring specifically to Service Magic alone, then i don't have a problem with it ;) )...

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
With that logic, you could be said to be "leeching" off lazy homeowners who don't feel like painting their own rooms and calling it a "service."

Some people can paint their houses. Some can't. And some can, but don't want to.

Some painters can generate their own leads. Some can't. And some can, but want more from every source possible.

In any event, wishing horrible deaths upon people is never a healthy feeling (Unless your are referring specifically to Service Magic alone, then i don't have a problem with it )...
apples and oranges.
A homeowner cannot produce pro results, climb 3 stories, or have the desire to purchase the tools necessary to do the job once.
I sold jobs for a paper contractor for a spell here in KC to get a feel for the area when I first arrived. Total a$$hat scam artist...in Angie's list no less.

In my opinion they are all the same, why should they get paid for doing what I should as a business owner?
Pay to play?

Besides, the op was asking for opinions and I offered mine...that is how it works.
lol at SM deathwishes btw...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:wallbash: I already signed up and they haven't recieved a dime from me yet. I do the traditional methods of advertising. Flyers and door hangers ect. I was just thinking of different ways to bring in capital. I have a small budget if I don't get a job then i will cancel. I am hard headed and still hope that it actually works!

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
from your other thread.. you will not even be able to afford the SM fees when you are only charging $20-$30 to paint a ceiling. You need to look within young grasshopper.. figure out what it takes to run a business.. otherwise you are eveyone's worst nightmare.. a lowballer who will be out of business soon. I don't mean that as a slam to you, but you really need to figure out pricing before you go into other markets. Maybe you do know the other market pricing.. but it is ALOT different. I get more for my ceiling repairs than you do to repaint 800 FLOOR FT apartments..

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
The reason I even respond.. and to any homeowner that may see this thread.. you need to be paid for what you do otherwise you will not finish the job or do it poorly knowing you are not making the money you should be. So that is my disclaimer.. and I am feeling testy today.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
from your other thread.. you will not even be able to afford the SM fees when you are only charging $20-$30 to paint a ceiling. You need to look within young grasshopper.. figure out what it takes to run a business.. otherwise you are eveyone's worst nightmare.. a lowballer who will be out of business soon. I don't mean that as a slam to you, but you really need to figure out pricing before you go into other markets. Maybe you do know the other market pricing.. but it is ALOT different. I get more for my ceiling repairs than you do to repaint 800 FLOOR FT apartments..

I don't take it as a slam. I understand where your coming from and I don't paint a 1400 sq. ft. apartment ceilings I usually paint just one bedroom if they request it. Thats usually a 10x12 room with no furniture in it. It's painted in flat and its pretty easy ceiling. Around here if I told an apartment complex I wanted $60 out of a 10x12 room they would laugh and then I would go out of business.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
I just realized that Rgordon's avatar is also the local leads logo...are you getting enough amazing leads so much so that you fly their flag rgordon?

just a question.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From looking at RGordan profile looks like he either runs the company or works for them. If you notice a guy named TJPAINTING posted something on his profile glorifying how much success he has seen with the lead company (RGordan's Company). I wonder if he was compensated to say such nice things to lure painting companies to shed money into his bank account. It struck me kind of odd that TJPAINTING didnt really work on his profile or has a website ect. Maybe it was RGordan all along just trying to once again lure painting contractors to hand over hard earned F***** money that we break are backs for... :) Just sayin..

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
From looking at RGordan profile looks like he either runs the company or works for them. If you notice a guy named TJPAINTING posted something on his profile glorifying how much success he has seen with the lead company (RGordan's Company). I wonder if he was compensated to say such nice things to lure painting companies to shed money into his bank account. It struck me kind of odd that TJPAINTING didnt really work on his profile or has a website ect. Maybe it was RGordan all along just trying to once again lure painting contractors to hand over hard earned F***** money that we break are backs for... :) Just sayin..
I use some on-line lead generators (including RGordon's). I've received about 3 leads over the last month from his company. No set up fee - no contract. Just 20 bucks a lead. This is not a testimonial for RGordon but it appears like you are slammin him (maybe I read your post wrong). I don't think he deserves that dis-respect. Just sayin...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts