Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I am working on painting a Oak cabinet job this week and have done several before with great results. After cleaning with TSP and sanding I used aqua coat to grain fill and primed with shellac. However for the first time I had yellowing bleeding through the shellac primer to the point I had to spot prime most the doors with oil spray can. That took care of the yellowing and I moved on to spraying the top coat of Emerald Urethan. I just went through and added some more aqua coat to some grain that I missed or just needed more to make me happy, however all those spots are now bleeding yellow through the layers of paint. I am going to now spot prime the bad spots again before sanding and putting on final layer. Any idea what is causing this? This job is now taking much longer than I had planned. Here is a pic from after the first priming with the shellac

Attachments

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Okay I am working on painting a Oak cabinet job this week and have done several before with great results. After cleaning with TSP and sanding I used aqua coat to grain fill and primed with shellac. However for the first time I had yellowing bleeding through the shellac primer to the point I had to spot prime most the doors with oil spray can. That took care of the yellowing and I moved on to spraying the top coat of Emerald Urethan. I just went through and added some more aqua coat to some grain that I missed or just needed more to make me happy, however all those spots are now bleeding yellow through the layers of paint. I am going to now spot prime the bad spots again before sanding and putting on final layer. Any idea what is causing this? This job is now taking much longer than I had planned. Here is a pic from after the first priming with the shellac

Only used aquacoat once but I know you are supposed to seal with shellac first then use aquacoat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts