Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Not sure why all the fuss about this, If you told here about the primer and she did not want to pay then its pretty simple. This is what you get lady.. If you want it fixed then it will cost you a extra coat. Who freaking cares about what relationship she has with a GC you work for. A simple explanation of what happened and I'm sure the GC will understand. If he likes your work and prices I doubt he will stop using u. if so then fook him.

Now if you did not say anything about the primer, were trying to give her the nice "thanks" type of price then its on you. Just go roll another coat, bring here some donuts and all will be good.

Pat

·
Registered
488 Posts
Capt, I think the reason the better paints picture frame so bad is what they put in them to make them washable. Duration Home Matte can be a pain in the ass, especially if your going in behind someone that sprayed 1 coat of paint and no primer :whistling2:. Seriously though thats what it seems to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had a problem with picture framing occuring last week.only once has this happened to me.i rolled and cut twice 3 rooms and my cut ins from wall to ceiling are showing up.i did my roll and cut in same day and am looking for an opinion on best option to fix this since ive got paid already.was it satin,semi,eggshell.never prime raw drywall with any of these!
Was it semi,satin,eggshell.never put these on raw drywall.

·
Registered
Property Manager
114 Posts
warned her but must fix regardless for she is the mother in law of gc i do work for.
I would of asked your GC to intervene and explain to Ms. know-it-all this will not go well. New drywall, no primer, cheap paint = perfect storm.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Not to mention this is a PROFESSIONAL forum.. I think us professionals know when use primer.....

Most of us also know that ProMar 200 picture frames more times than not, no matter how good the wall was primed.

·
Administrator
21,731 Posts
warned her but must fix regardless for she is the mother in law of gc i do work for.
Guess you gotta do what you gotta do, but it fries my butt to hear of a professional having to eat any part of a job because a HO refused to pay for what is considered SOP.

Guess you’ll have to write this one off as the cost of a learnable lesson.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts