Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
17,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The old and the new new. I'll find out next week if it's worth a crap. Hope so otherwise it is getting returned for a Mirka Leros. Damn light around the pad is awesome though and the new XL systainer is also an improvement over the old version.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
You can remove popcorn ceilings with it.

I watched a guy do about 1500sq ft over the course of a few days. He looked miserable, but probably less miserable than by other methods.
I have thought about getting it for that, but in the 9 years I have been doing this, I have only removed one.

·
17,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw that thing and kinda wished that I had a reason to purchase it. But, rarely do I have to sand a ceiling big enough to justify it.
I do texture removal jobs and a fair amount of drywall jobs annually.

You can remove popcorn ceilings with it.

I watched a guy do about 1500sq ft over the course of a few days. He looked miserable, but probably less miserable than by other methods.
The OG Planex will chew through just about anything with the right grit but I don't strip with them usually. I wet scrape, presand, repair, remud, finish sand, and then paint. I personally do not feel the OG Planex is a great finish sander.

The Planex 2 has a random orbital head so it should be a much better finish sander than previous versions.

What are you using it for mostly? Sanding mud/plaster? What's one of those worth?
Texture removal jobs and x amount of smaller drywall jobs per year. I also do a lot of drywall repair work but smaller stuff I'll sand with the ets 150 because it's less cumbersome.

New sander as pictured was about 1300 USD. I already have the vac. There are other budget options but I disliked the OG so much that I feel surely to keep up with Mirka they corrected everything I dislike about the previous version.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Too bad they don't have a interchangeable head. It would be nice to have a triangle head for corners.

·
17,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Too bad they don't have a interchangeable head. It would be nice to have a triangle head for corners.
Some people just use something like a dts400 or just a brush off with a sanding sponge but a replaceable head would be interesting.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts