Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Am In The East Coast Area And Iam Looking For Some Place To Get 5gal.plastic Liners For 5gal. Buckets To Use With A Metal Screen,any Help Will Do.

·
Go Cardinals!!!
145 Posts
double ditto,
but if you really want one SW carries them. Or do an online search. This topic came up on CT and there was a website but I cannot find the link to it anymore.

·
Rock On
2,451 Posts
I've seen them in SWP and the local Ben Moore dealer

·
Registered
615 Posts
Was wondering if you could use a trash bag liner with a bungee cord or thick rubber band around the outside of the bucket. A 5 mil, maybe even lighter might work. As long as the paint doesn't eat the plastic, it might work well. I'm gonna see if this works--any other ideas. Washing out buckets is a waste of time.

JTP

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ditto the PaintDawg buckets. I got mine at PaintDawg.com and love them. I use the 5 gal. pails and plan to get some of the 5 qt. ones for cutting in and handwork. I both spray and roll out of them. The only thing with a roller screen is to put some tape on the bottom corners so that they don't wear through the plastic. Really can't beat them for convenience when changing colors frequently.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'm not sure why you need plastic to keep paint off plastic 5's.

We don't even use liners in a deuce cut-in bucket.

Throwing away dollar bills is painful!
r

·
Registered
745 Posts
ur right

Your right throwing dollar bills away to painful so is cleaning stuff when you bill out at 50$ or 60$ an hr! :)
You're probably right, MAK.

Once had a lady client say, "You sure take good care of your tools!", as I was cleaning off thinset mortar from notched trowels and plastic tub, getting ready to mix another batch. "Yes ma'm", I said, "they feed me."

The notch trowel was an economy model, and so was the tub... probably would have been money ahead if I threw them away alll day long!
But where do you draw the line?
We could be mega consumers and use a new brush in the morning, toss it at lunch, and break out another for the afternoon.
I used to have circular saw blades re-sharpened...
Oh well.
r

·
Registered
202 Posts
You all got me thinking. In the past, I just used 5 gals. bucket and metal screen. Now I might try, maybe, a trash bag or something as a liner. I think it will save me sometimes, especially when I have to paint 4 to 5 different colors in one house.

·
17,849 Posts
You all got me thinking. In the past, I just used 5 gals. bucket and metal screen. Now I might try, maybe, a trash bag or something as a liner. I think it will save me sometimes, especially when I have to paint 4 to 5 different colors in one house.
I just keep some clean buckets and lids on hand for this type of thing. Buckets are not hard or time consuming to clean if you clean the bucket out shortly after use.

Let me know how the trash bags work out though.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Fun!

Gosh that sounds like messy fun!

Will you take along your camera for us?
r

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
If I have different colors I have more than one 5 with a screen. I keep at least three, and rarely use them for anything other than a small room, closet or bathroom.

I have several bulldogs and don't mind the time spent cleaning them over the time I save vs roll with a 9" nap. I also believe I can give a better finish with it vs the 9"

I keep a short handle whizz with a 1/2 nap resting in the pan to get in closer than a 9" ever wold.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I will ask the HO if I could take some pic.
I take pictures without asking permission... well, frequently I do ask,
but my pictures are usually non-specific, or not identifiable to someones particular residence. I wouldn't post anything identifiable, or show it to others, unless I asked, first.
I do before and afters for my own documentation, not theirs.
And I guess it's for my protection, too.
We see some crazy things that must be repaired!
r

·
17,849 Posts
I take pictures without asking permission... well, frequently I do ask,
but my pictures are usually non-specific, or not identifiable to someones particular residence. I wouldn't post anything identifiable, or show it to others, unless I asked, first.
I do before and afters for my own documentation, not theirs.
And I guess it's for my protection, too.
We see some crazy things that must be repaired!
r
Thats a good practice.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts