Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
I've always figured my trade was carpentry, but only trim carpentry...(and a little gc'ing) :jester:
Sorry if I offended you, it was meant to be a joke for the fact that there are certain people who are fakes on the internet who don't know all about carpentery, just trim carpentry, moldings, etc. I'm a carpenter, and I simply can't do carpet or staircases very well, but I can do painting and carpentry.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Sorry if I offended you, it was meant to be a joke for the fact that there are certain people who are fakes on the internet who don't know all about carpentery, just trim carpentry, moldings, etc. I'm a carpenter, and I simply can't do carpet or staircases very well, but I can do painting and carpentry.
It's okay. He's a hack anyway :laughing:

;)

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
I like when tool mimes out his answers.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I don't do fences so I am totally lost on this one.
If you dont do fences why are you pricing fences?

Honestly, nobody will pay you what you need to stain this fence, they would more than likely hire a kid at 7 bucks an hour to poke away 40 hours a week allllllll summer long and pay him just as much but as a weekly rate and them supplying the paint than pay a one time fee of probably less money to a professional. Anyways think worst case scenerio for each section times number of sections with material all in. Ta-da. If you come in way higher than they thought, thats there problem not yours. You can't be expected to lose money because they don't like your price.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
factor about 75 gallons of stain.

If you were set up for it (two battery powered spray units, a large water reserve tank with multiple gun pressure washer, downstreaming of your chems) you could have it done it two work days. I'm gonna guess 4 days for a painter with standard equipment.

everything you need is here:
www.theprosealerstore.com

·
Banned
81 Posts
If you dont do fences why are you pricing fences?

Honestly, nobody will pay you what you need to stain this fence, they would more than likely hire a kid at 7 bucks an hour to poke away 40 hours a week allllllll summer long and pay him just as much but as a weekly rate and them supplying the paint than pay a one time fee of probably less money to a professional. Anyways think worst case scenerio for each section times number of sections with material all in. Ta-da. If you come in way higher than they thought, thats there problem not yours. You can't be expected to lose money because they don't like your price.

I was just being nice, but this above guys speaking my languge!

·
Registered
7 Posts
0.90-1.25 a linear foot. to spray. . 2-2.5 hour to stain.... if the client is wanting just a quick wash to remove peeling stain then charge 0.25 linear foot to wash. if they want coating completly removed the charge 1.00 linear foot for stripping plus cost of staining.

Attachments

21 - 32 of 32 Posts