Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a number of years now I have used 3m's Pro Grade 120G Sandpaper on our pole sanders. This paper doesn't plug up when sanding latex painted walls, no mater how crappy the old paint is. It also lasts a very long time, compared to most.
Problem is, I hear they are discontinuing the product. Wondering if anyone is using something similar. I'd really like to find a product in a 3-1/2" roll like the open cuts we sand mud with.

3M 25120P-G Pro Grade No-Slip Grip 9-Inch by 11-Inch Sandpaper Medium 120-Grit 3-Sheet Pack by 3M: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
For a number of years now I have used 3m's Pro Grade 120G Sandpaper on our pole sanders. This paper doesn't plug up when sanding latex painted walls, no mater how crappy the old paint is. It also lasts a very long time, compared to most.
Problem is, I hear they are discontinuing the product. Wondering if anyone is using something similar. I'd really like to find a product in a 3-1/2" roll like the open cuts we sand mud with.

3M 25120P-G Pro Grade No-Slip Grip 9-Inch by 11-Inch Sandpaper Medium 120-Grit 3-Sheet Pack by 3M: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement
I also like this paper. The backing made it a little more durable, and easer to work with- I cut the paper in half and then fold it like a tri-fold wallet for detail work- (how the old shipyard guys do it!).

Last time I checked our SW store was still carrying it. I don't see a formal announcement that they are discontinuing it (may be just the supplier?) - but, should be able to get it online for a while even if discontinued.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
3M purple paper is really good. Norton prosand is pretty good too. I like the backing on the 3M stuff a little better.

I havnt heard anything about 3M discontinuing the purple stuff either..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts