Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the most durable Poly you guys have come across for floors? As of the past 3-4 years and VOC laws I see the products getting worse and worse. Now a good Deft product says only available in Canada I have just read.

·
hopeless perfectionist
167 Posts
I use plenty of deft poly, especially for stairs, sorry that you cant get it south of the border. A friend of mine does alot of floors and he uses Fabulon brand poly from metal 5 gallon cans, but I don't know if you can get it down there, it is really good stuff.

·
Epoxy Dude
566 Posts
What kind of floors? Wood? Concrete? Etc...

If it's concrete... gotta be Wolverine Coatings! :thumbup:. (Shameless Plug) If it's wood you can still use Moisture Cured Urethane but it just need to have different solvents to reduce VOC.

·
Retired Moderator
10,323 Posts
I've had excellent results with the WB Varathane Diamond Finishes. I also have two dogs at 60 and 85 pounds and my floors have held up great for the last 5+ years.

·
Epoxy Dude
566 Posts
For wood floors there are 2K ceramic modified polyurethanes. The 1K urethanes are made from urethane dispersions which can yield a much cheaper paint that you can still call a urethane. The 2K formulations that are VOC compliant are pretty expensive. We sell a 90% solids product (not for wood) that runs around $180/gallon. Again... not for wood but I would expect someone to have a similar cost and solids for wood. Keep in mind that the old Aromatic Moisture Cured urethanes were only about 30% solids... SO... while the cost per gallon may be high it's still a good value when you calculate the cost per dry mil on the floor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts