Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
I haven't had any pop up ad show up using Safari on my Mac or Android. I do have the ads that are at the top, bottom, and side, but I basically ignore those - unless it's a Snorg T-shirt gal. :brows:

·
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe
4,508 Posts
I haven't had any pop up ad show up using Safari on my Mac or Android. I do have the ads that are at the top, bottom, and side, but I basically ignore those - unless it's a Snorg T-shirt gal. :brows:
Which browser are you using on android? Last week I was looking for a CB radio and now it appears on almost everywhere page I go.

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
I use Google Chrome on my Android.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
for those with computer based browsers (as opposed to mobile devices) search for Ad-block and load the appropriate one for you browser. You also have to download the correct list.

I won't guarantee it will block ALL ads, but it sure stops 90% or so.

·
Almost Gone
10,730 Posts
for those with computer based browsers (as opposed to mobile devices) search for Ad-block and load the appropriate one for you browser. You also have to download the correct list.

I won't guarantee it will block ALL ads, but it sure stops 90% or so.
I had to do a system restore on my comp last night and for some reason it reset my browser (firefox) so all my pop up ad blocks didn't work.

Holy crap, I saw how many stupid ads were on this site and how it slows things down too.

I just installed the firefox's latest version and it fixed it.

I noticed it did the same thing to my facebook page. Had a bunch more ad type stuff and slowed things down.

I've had great results with firefox.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts