Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

Banned
None of the iOS browsers support extensions like AdBlock currently. You can download a standalone web browser with it built in, though, and there's some on the iTunes store right now you can find. Good luck.

Super Moderator
I'm not an apple guy, but this is the one I use for Firefox and the home page mentions Safari and Opera which I think are Apple operating systems? Not sure if they're the ones on the Ipad.

https://adblockplus.org/

Hope Cricket doesn't ban me for putting up that link. Just trying to be halpfull.

Banned
Safari on iPhone/iPad, whilst named the same, is actually a fully different program. Unfortunately doesn't support extensions.

Registered
I can't find an adblock for an iPad. (My preferred device for browsing) And the AppStore redirects are getting really bad for me. I can have upwards of 20 per hour while browsing on PT. I might just have to go back to my laptop. :censored:
I'm done with PT for today guys. I've been online for about 45 minutes and have now been redirected to the App Store about a dozen times. So unless I decide to lock myself in the office and use my laptop, I can't take it anymore.

Registered
So did you buy any new apps? :rolleyes:
Ummm.... No. ;)

But I'm back to using my laptop in my office with Adblock on it. I prefer the freedom an iPad gives me to surf the net anywhere in the house, sitting in the living room with my wife etc. Now I'm back to managing my time away from the family while I'm in my office.

Oh, and its the same issue at Contractor Talk.

Registered
I almost always use an app so the adds aren't usually a problem. Sometimes though I will go to the PT site through Safari to access my profile or something else that can't be done from the app. I tried that for a while today and had the same thing happen. Every 30 seconds or so I would get redirected to the App Store. No apparent reason, not clicking on anything, it just happens.

Registered
I almost always use an app so the adds aren't usually a problem. Sometimes though I will go to the PT site through Safari to access my profile or something else that can't be done from the app. I tried that for a while today and had the same thing happen. Every 30 seconds or so I would get redirected to the App Store. No apparent reason, not clicking on anything, it just happens.
Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

Registered
Ummm.... No. ;)

But I'm back to using my laptop in my office with Adblock on it. I prefer the freedom an iPad gives me to surf the net anywhere in the house, sitting in the living room with my wife etc. Now I'm back to managing my time away from the family while I'm in my office.

Oh, and its the same issue at Contractor Talk.
I was kidding.:wallbash:

21 - 40 of 56 Posts