Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Power washing today with pool bleach,in the woods don't have worry about the run off,just half to soak all the plants first so they don't soak up the bleach that would be bad.

Sent from my iPhone using PaintTalk

·
still in the bucket
1,383 Posts
I have a house to wash this afternoon.Just water though, it's not that dirty just getting it ready for Thursday morning.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cdaniels said:
I have a house to wash this afternoon.Just water though, it's not that dirty just getting it ready for Thursday morning.
Yeah pool bleach works just got to careful that's I Like to soak the plants first so they don't die. The stuff can be your best and clean the house sweet, or if you don't know what your doing it can hurt you. Have good one bro later.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
alanbarrington said:
Yeah pool bleach works just got to careful that's I Like to soak the plants first so they don't die. The stuff can be your best and clean the house sweet, or if you don't know what your doing it can hurt you. Have good one bro later.

So you use the granules? I've thought about trying pool bleach because it would be cheap compared to liquid, but I gave up on the idea because I was afraid to get the mix too strong.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
joshmays1976 said:
So you use the granules? I've thought about trying pool bleach because it would be cheap compared to liquid, but I gave up on the idea because I was afraid to get the mix too strong.
No I use the liquid out of the container thought chemical injector, but the down side you have to risen it real good. If its just quick was 50/50 it, wet the windows good first and you be good to go.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Just a warning to anyone thinking of using those granules (calcium hypochlorite). Don't. Its not the same chemical and everything can and will be covered in white scum which is difficult to remove.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PressurePros said:
Just a warning to anyone thinking of using those granules (calcium hypochlorite). Don't. Its not the same chemical and everything can and will be covered in white scum which is difficult to remove.
Thanks man I did not know that never use it, seen other guys use it before and trash this lady's house thats all I needed to see. Thanks again. Later

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Did you learn that the hard way?
No, I was warned ahead of time thanks to our industry forums. A year or two ago a guy claimed he had perfected the use of calcium hypo as a house wash. Within a few weeks, he posted pictures of the disaster. Everything, including trash cans had a thick white haze.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts