Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow! I've only heard the term used.

I'd assume that when I put enough paint in a deuce to cover 1/2 to 3/4 of the bristle then tap the brush both sides on the bucket then my brush is "pre loaded".

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

My question is why the question?

Rick

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought that I read somewhere that you need to draw moisture back into the brush by soaking it in a chemical first.

OK, now I feel stupid for asking the question.

Oh well, it won't be the first time.

·
Rock On
2,451 Posts
Some like to "condition" new brushes by immersing them in the appropriate thiner or conditioner (ex: water or floetrol for latex) before dipping them in paint

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is something I found on the Internet.

"Good brush cleaning begins before the brush touches the finish material. To make final cleanup easier and prolong the life of your brush, always dampen the brush with the appropriate solvent or thinner for the finish material you intend to use before loading the brush with finish. Preloading the brush draws thinner into the ferrule and prevents the finish from drying out on the brush during use. Preloading also prevents the finish from clumping as you apply it."

·
Rock On
2,451 Posts

"Good brush cleaning begins before the brush touches the finish material. To make final cleanup easier and prolong the life of your brush, always dampen the brush with the appropriate solvent or thinner for the finish material you intend to use before loading the brush with finish. Preloading the brush draws thinner into the ferrule and prevents the finish from drying out on the brush during use. Preloading also prevents the finish from clumping as you apply it."
Huh...must be a DIY site
I've never heard that process called pre-loading, and the term "pre-loading" does not describe that process

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

That's the exact quote that I read.

I don't remember where I read it though.

·
Rock On
2,451 Posts
Hmmm.....
Well, it's good advice anyway

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I think now we need a discussion on how to load a brush. I'd be interested to see how diverse the methods are... if at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts