Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
19,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How many people tell you they aren't comfortable taking down curtain rods, and blinds?

I like the idea with wrapping the toilet in plastic.

Nice letter.
Thanks TJ -
Pretty much related to their age. Younger to middle aged are fine with it. Older people not so much. I don't want them on a step stool if they are unsteady on their own legs.

·
Administrator
19,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Paul -
You touch upon a lot more than I do but I also like a lot of the additional things you bring up. I tried to keep mine to one page but may have to rethink that restriction.
Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Paul -
You touch upon a lot more than I do but I also like a lot of the additional things you bring up. I tried to keep mine to one page but may have to rethink that restriction.
Thanks,
Dan
And I tend to think mine is to long. Its tough sometimes to find the right balance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is nice to see other peoples wording. I always wonder how my stuff looks compared to other services. Great topic!

I like both mentioned above. I do some things a little differently. A lot of my clients in the past didn't want to touch a thing. I would have them move small breakables and valuables/herilooms. I include moving everything and replacing it with my price; I take photos of each wall and the placement of furniture, etc. I will empty the rooms whenever possible... I hate working around the pile/worrying about bumping things/messing with shufflling it all around. As for moving furniture, I have pieces of scrap carpet around to help slide on hard surfaces and use those plastic disks on carpeting.

With the color bit, I usually try to sell my clients on color consultation service so the paint is already dialed in before they sign a contract. My last call for a color consultation actually turned into a nice little job.

josh

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have also found that people like multi-page packets of information in reguards to their project. One of my business advisors put it like this, "if I ask for 3 painting bids and set them on my desk, what will set you apart from the others? I have two that are basic excel quote sheets that say wash,scrape,prime,paint. The third is a packet with quote, contract, certifications, references, ect. Which stands out?" I typically hand them 5 pages for my quote, that is if I want the job.
Can you share any interior quote/what do you send clients before the proposal for booking etc. Thank you for your reply here looking forward hearing back from you thanks in advance. Happy Week, Derek

·
Administrator
19,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Can you share any interior quote/what do you send clients before the proposal for booking etc. Thank you for your reply here looking forward hearing back from you thanks in advance. Happy Week, Derek
Just a head's up, this thread was started back in 2011 and Andyman hasn't been on PT since 2019, so you may not get a response to your request.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts