Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my house built a little over twenty years ago. I have no basement so my concrete foundation is only a few feet deep. I dug around my entire house to expose the foundation. The contractor that built the house painted the foundation with low budget paint. I have painted most of my house with bear ultra and it seems to be pretty good stuff. What I am looking for is how to correctly prep and paint my foundation so the paint does not flake off like a bad sunburn. I am a machinist not a professional painter so I have been calling around to find this out. The person a home depot told me to use a cleaner and etcher. I looked at the recommended product and found out it is only for "new" concrete. I am not afraid of work and want to do the job correctly, help.

Thank you

·
Registered
395 Posts
As long as its clean and dry just put a quality acrylic paint on it,all you can do really,when its wet out that paint is gonna be wet and thats not great for paint,but every few years maybe dig it up,let it dry and paint it again,just keep an eye on it

BTW "ACRYLIC" paint is what most water based paints worth their salt are nowadays,best you can do,and you didnt say what condition the low budget paint was in now, but if any of it is peeling or loose in any way,thatll need to come off first,if its all tight and in good shape besides being faded or dirty I would just paint it with high quality Acrylic

·
Administrator
20,196 Posts
PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com. If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php.

This thread is now closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.