Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
319 Posts
We use a cone nozzle on a 5/8 garden hose with a on/off valve.
Ken nailed it.

Like Ken said it can be a pita rinsing the driveway. When it gets real hot and the water dries leaving dirt and mud. Sometimes we will hold the garden hose with the surface cleaner (or jammed into the handle) to keep everything wet.

Usually we just place the garden hose at the top of the drive while we rinse to gain more gpm.

· Registered
319 Posts
If you are cleaning the roof and there are no gutters over the driveway you will have an effect on the driveway.

The solution will come off of the roof and bleach the driveway where the run off drips. If the driveway is dirty or not just cleaned you will see the difference.

When we make a mess on a clients driveway, we clean the entire driveway.
And by mess meaning our overspray cleans the dripline and the rest of the drive is a moldy mess.

Another reason to charge accordingly. Plus the client will think you over delivered. I tell them it's like cleaning you car and not using wheel shine.

· Registered
319 Posts
Nice :)

You know what also works great for shooting bleach?

Get an old soda syrup container. You can fill it with bleach and they are set up to be pressurized with air. You know the ones that are behind the bar that use carbonation mix??

I helped out a good friend one time on a project that was a little too much for him and was so impressed with his DIY system. I think the cylinder he had held about 8 gallons? Shot great also! He had about a 15 foot braided line on it. He had a few of them set up and used a small compressor to fill them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.