Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 98 Posts

· Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
4,539 Posts
Hello,

My brother and I recently started up a painting company in Toronto, Canada and the surrounding cities. We have had difficulty getting started and have only worked a few smaller jobs. I have now landed us what could potentially be our first big gig which has potential to lead to more. I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice as far as an estimate for a job of this size.

They are building a new home and have the drywallers just finishing up this week. They said it is aprox 10,000 square feet of walls/ ceiling and are looking to get it all primed. Almost all ceilings are 8ft tall except for the living room which has an A frame.

At this point I want to try and undersell it just for the sake of landing a big job and getting some good contacts. What do you think is a price that they would not be able to say no to, but is also not ridiculously low...Thanks for the help!
Tree fiddy.. Oh and..
Thanks for posting on PaintTalk.com. Straight pricing questions are frowned upon here, as are 'Going Rate' questions. If you are a contractor seeking advice regarding your pricing structure, the Moderators of this forum would like to direct you to this pricing thread - Pricing, Estimating and Success.

PaintTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the commercial and residential painting industries.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

1 - 2 of 98 Posts