Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I do Hand Painted Wall Murals. One of the hardest things about it, is pricing. Not sure what to charge, If too much or too little. Some are alot of work into it, but because it comes easy to me Its hard to price it right. Any one know free info on how to price. Thanks for your Help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Great Place

:thumbup: This is great. Paint Talk is a great place to come for all your questions and answers from real people. So, happy to find a place like this, Thanks to everyone.:notworthy: Sorry I'm off the topic, but had to say this:eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Hello everyone, I do Hand Painted Wall Murals. One of the hardest things about it, is pricing. Not sure what to charge, If too much or too little. Some are alot of work into it, but because it comes easy to me Its hard to price it right. Any one know free info on how to price. Thanks for your Help!
Great to have you here... welcome!

·
Rock On
2,451 Posts
...I do Hand Painted Wall Murals....Some are alot of work into it, ...Its hard to price it right. Any one know free info on how to price.
My muralist goes by square foot, but will adjust the sq. ft. price upward if needed based on complexity, excessive colors, or logistic difficulties

·
Epoxy Dude
566 Posts
I would think that this is one of those things that is simply whatever the market will bear??? Is there much competition is this segment of painting?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I would think you have some idea of what you would like to earn per day.

Determine rough estimate of days required, based on preliminary info from client outlining what surface is to be done and general outline of subject matter.

Present high and low figures to them based upon basic costs in your area and have a sit-down with them and show them your portfolio.

Get half up front.
That way you may work with a smile, and you know they're competent.
r

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would think that this is one of those things that is simply whatever the market will bear??? Is there much competition is this segment of painting?

I really don't think there is much competition in my erea, Iv'e tried to find others, but had no luck. Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
i charge 50.00 an hour at least. if i really want the job 40.00
just figure out what you want to make. If there isn't much competition than your set

1 - 8 of 8 Posts