Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
speed comes with quality
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when it rains it poors.had a guy lose a 40 today it went down sideways off a hill almost took out a landscaper,so I heard.then on the way home apparently the hood poped open on the van and busted the windshield to pieces the driver had to kick it out to get back.something tells me I should've been there.that was a more high priority job but instead I stayed on a small job close to home because me and the wife were supposed to go camping this evening but instead we are going in the mourning.does anyone ever feel like if your not on the job(especialy important ones where you need to impress) production slows and everything just goes to hell?

·
speed comes with quality
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This week I could do without. Besides the anal supervisor 3 e-mails with disgruntled homeowners, 2jobs running over, 3 punchouts on the same job, One of my foreman has a wreck pulling out of a home owners driveway. But Hey at least I'm workin:blink:
yes punchlist a reason why I stay away from state jobs.I was once invovled in a 100k state job where the punchlist never ended first they was wanting it punched out before the trim was even up,it was wood trim that ran down the walls throughout the building once the trim was up it needed to be sealed and sanded then to coats of poly and the pm was wanting the walls final coated in flat at the top and two different egg shells at the bottom before the trim went up and we did wich ofcourse was a dissaster and they got charged to repaint.well that must have pissed them off after the job was done the super had a punchlist after that the pm had a punlist after that the architect done one and after they decided they all needed to do another one the rangers got to do one of their own list(it was a center at a state park)I could'nt belive it.

·
FT painter/FT dad
1,254 Posts
had a guy lose a 40 today it went down sideways off a hill almost took out a landscaper
isn't that alcohol abuse? :whistling2:

just messing, yeah man I hope things get better after all that...I'm sure they will and work will go on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts