Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
My money is on SW Multi Surface Acrylic, especially for its adhesion.
You beat me to the punch. I've been playing around with the multi surface this week. I put it over Proclassic oil with out sanding first and an hour later I couldn't scratch it off.
What's the approximate price/gallon of Pro Industrial Multi-Surface Acrylic?

·
Registered
563 Posts
To SW I'm an ant, but they are insane, so, my price is $36.

kd--what do you pay for Muralo Ultra and would you trust it with scuff sand and deglosser over 15 year old oil painted trim/doors?

I feel certain Breakthrough and SW MSE would adhere, but really want to try the Muralo and think think the finish would be smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Last time I got some Muralo, it was the Ultra, Satin Flow, at $43. It was the bomb. I did a set of cabs that had been done, by me, in Impervo about 5 years prior. I cleaned with Krud Kutter, sanded, and put 2 coats same day. 4 hours after first coat, I couldnt scratch it off a piece of scrap from cabinet job with Impervo on it. Muralo Ultra is awesome. The finish is great.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Last time I got some Muralo, it was the Ultra, Satin Flow, at $43. It was the bomb. I did a set of cabs that had been done, by me, in Impervo about 5 years prior. I cleaned with Krud Kutter, sanded, and put 2 coats same day. 4 hours after first coat, I couldnt scratch it off a piece of scrap from cabinet job with Impervo on it. Muralo Ultra is awesome. The finish is great.

Thanks, looking forward to giving it a try on an upcoming repaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm trying out the SW Pro industrial Multisurface Acrylic. Having a hell of a time spraying it with my HVLP. It doesn't actually list the HVLP as a viable application device. (it does list suggest tip for airless)
I'm either spray sand or its running off the door. 10' Dryfall is one of its attributes but I have it dryfalling at 10 inches.
Any advice?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Still having trouble using hvlp. Tried using a oversized fluidset, thinned about 10%, and turned down the pressure to just before I got splatter and it help but still couldn't do it. Always sand somewhere. So I'm going to call it.
You can't use Pro Industrial Multisurface Acrylic with an HVLP sprayer.

·
Super Moderator
2,002 Posts
Still having trouble using hvlp. Tried using a oversized fluidset, thinned about 10%, and turned down the pressure to just before I got splatter and it help but still couldn't do it. Always sand somewhere. So I'm going to call it.

What size hose you running? Where is the rig being stored while spraying, and at what temps? Have you tried a retarder? What stage is your rig?

I'm trying out the SW Pro industrial Multisurface Acrylic. Having a hell of a time spraying it with my HVLP. It doesn't actually list the HVLP as a viable application device. (it does list suggest tip for airless)
I'm either spray sand or its running off the door. 10' Dryfall is one of its attributes but I have it dryfalling at 10 inches.
Any advice?

You mentioned before that the TDS didn't mention HVLP as a viable option, but many of the Tech Sheets offer little advice or info regarding HVLP, but it doesn't mean it can't be done successfully. So many variables with HVLP, the TDS couldn't possibly cover everything.

·
Administrator
19,649 Posts

Most HVLPs will struggle with acrylics whereas they spray oils very well. Use an airless with a fine finish tip for the SW Multiple Surface and you will be very pleased. If I'm not mistaken it's a product that is designed to be sprayed rather than brush/rolled.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
:whistling2::vs_love::vs_music::vs_music::vs_music::vs_music::vs_music::vs_shocked:"Ask Sherwin Williams!"

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
sorry. i couldn't help myself.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Let it go.

Im relentless.
Sorry I just got that old SW commercial in my head for some reason. I watched it on Youtube a couple of times so I think I'm over it now.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts