Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
  • Refuse to use Yelp. Horrible business. You'll get fake bad reviews and they will take away your good reviews unless you pay them to advertise
  • We have been getting ok leads from Thumbtack lately but it's all been smaller projects
  • Home Advisor/Angie's is the typical dime a dozen but if you can actually get ahold of them they can be decent leads sometimes. Definitely our lowest ROI
  • Porch has gotten better for us more recently but I think it depends on your area with them
  • Smart Remodel has sent us a few great large projects but it's not the same volume of other sites. Best part about them though is they only charge you for a lead when they book with you unlike the others so our ROI with them is easily the best out of any lead gen site
  • Facebook used to work well for us but the cost has skyrocketed in the last couple months so we stopped. Wound up being more expensive than paying for leads!
  • Google is hit or miss but can get costly especially if you don't know what you're doing or have the proper optimizations / funnels set up to close leads
  • Looking forward to Google Guaranteed coming to our area for painting but we don't have it yet

Hope this helps! Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Every lead gen service has it's ups and downs. Home Advisor has been by far the hardest to make our money back on, but they have a ton of leads.
Other than that, I've had a ton of luck on Porch.com and Smart Remodel
Which ones have you tried?

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,111 Posts
The thing I hate about all these lead Gens, is that they are just another middle man sticking thier nose in your business.
They automatically pick the top 3-5 companies on Google ranks and then act like they did all the research and leg work.
I would rather someone contact me directly because I'm easily found on the web regardless.
Its adding a service where a service is not needed. Bark.com is always trying to throw me customers and then tell me its gonna cost me. Go away! I never asked for your leads.

·
Super Moderator
6,851 Posts
The thing I hate about all these lead Gens, is that they are just another middle man sticking thier nose in your business.
They automatically pick the top 3-5 companies on Google ranks and then act like they did all the research and leg work.
I would rather someone contact me directly because I'm easily found on the web regardless.
Its adding a service where a service is not needed. Bark.com is always trying to throw me customers and then tell me its gonna cost me. Go away! I never asked for your leads.
Yes! I've been saying this forever. If we were to all somehow unite and quit using these leaches they'd be out of business and we'd be much better off without them sucking up the first page on every search result.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those of you that have tried lead generation through various platforms, what are the pros and cons of each? Yelp, Google ads, Facebook ads, homeadvisor, angie's list etc.. what is the best Roi for you?
**Key point= serve buyer intent
Facebook is for information and nurturing a contact over time. people don't go there for painters roi usually stinks
Google is the undisputed king of buyer intent - good ads get good leads good roi
Home Adv, et al may produce some ok leads at times but you share them and for being a shared lead they are WAY too expensive
no yelp or any such thing
hire a specialty lead gen, they run the ads, qualify the leads, book the appointment and hopeful train you how to actually handle leads because most business owners blow it. ROI is great, lead qual is great and very predictable

21 - 26 of 26 Posts