1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Reactions: Lakesidex

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
The quality of the brush is the same as all the rest, just a different bristle combo of poly/chinex. With the poly it is less stiff than an all chinex bristle brush, which I do like from them. I have two 2.5 angles and don't really know where they fit in my mix. They are a terrible exterior brush and too floppy for interior. I buy rembrandts by the case and both picasso lines. Oval angles are the shizzz. For those who have DE, they have their own line of oval angles in 2 & 2.5 angles, they are called the titanium line, might be Wooster made? They are on sale for 6-8 each right now.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
I reckon Purdy brushes have gone downhill the last few years as far as quality is concerned..

I Cannot comment on the particular line of brush you are referring to, I use their XL range of brushes..
I literally have three xl-glides and three xl-dales that I have been trying to give away for two years now! I don't know if the painters think its a scam or what but they aren't interested. You would think a couple of them could drive a 1/4 from the local Sherwin Williams for one.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I literally have three xl-glides and three xl-dales that I have been trying to give away for two years now! I don't know if the painters think its a scam or what but they aren't interested. You would think a couple of them could drive a 1/4 from the local Sherwin Williams for one.
Sounds like your clientele ain't too bright. Free brushes? Sounds like a win to me.

If they suck as bad as everyone claims (which they don't), turn them into some cheap (free) dust brushes. Or back up brushes in case something goes wrong or someone forgets to clean theirs or whatever. Tons of uses for them, no matter what.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Sounds like your clientele ain't too bright. Free brushes? Sounds like a win to me.

If they suck as bad as everyone claims (which they don't), turn them into some cheap (free) dust brushes. Or back up brushes in case something goes wrong or someone forgets to clean theirs or whatever. Tons of uses for them, no matter what.
I think the price scares then away. Either that or they're afraid uncle Sherwin will take them off his will or something if they get caught.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts