Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
I used Benjamin Moore Coronado pva and so called paint on my last few new interiors and was impressed. It stayed wet long enough to easily back roll and seemed a dead flat compared to pva I have used in the past.
I also primed the shelving in the closets and was easy sanding and a second prime coat and they turned out good.

I would not hesitate to use these new primers as they seem to soak in vs. primers that may just cover the surface.

· Registered
4 Posts
Not only that but a test you can do to prove your self is prime half a wall with PVA and the other half with aqualock. your top coat will absolutely flash due to aqualock sealing the drywall better. Ask me how I know :whistle:
Will have to try this sometime, personally i love pva (only for new dry wall mass production), but would be curious to see the difference, is flashing after just 1 coat or 2?

· Registered
1 Posts
OK, I gotta ask what the problem is with using PVA as a primer on drywall?

I am always open to learning
PVA IS A SEALER WHICH IS NOT A PRIMER , THERE IS A DIFFERENCE THAT IS OVERLOOKED, THIS IS A SUBJECT THAT MANY WOULD CHOOSE TO NOT BE ADDRESSED IN FULL. IT STARTED BEFORE THE PAINT AND PRIMER IN ONE FANTASY WAS HEARD OF AND NOW THERE ARE STILL PRO PAINTERS THAT BELIEVE EVERYTYHING A SALESPERSON TELLS THEM. THANKS SPIKE

· Administrator
professional painting contractor - retired
22,340 Posts
PVA IS A SEALER WHICH IS NOT A PRIMER , THERE IS A DIFFERENCE THAT IS OVERLOOKED, THIS IS A SUBJECT THAT MANY WOULD CHOOSE TO NOT BE ADDRESSED IN FULL. IT STARTED BEFORE THE PAINT AND PRIMER IN ONE FANTASY WAS HEARD OF AND NOW THERE ARE STILL PRO PAINTERS THAT BELIEVE EVERYTYHING A SALESPERSON TELLS THEM. THANKS SPIKE
Spike - No need to yell. We can hear you just fine. Bad puppy!;)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts