Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

2521 - 2540 of 3923 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me. The one guy's done his own lane way three times already this morning. He can't help himself. In the summer, I'm sure I've seen him mow his grass 3 times in one week.

One inch of snow and he's out there. Then, he gets in his truck and slowly drives around town for no reason. Former security patrol at the nuclear plant.

Some guys deal with retirement differently than I would I guess.
Across the street and a few doors down, there's an older couple who split the mowing of the lawn, with him doing the front with a red Toro mower, and she cutting the back with a green Lawn Boy mover. First time I've seen his and her mowers!

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
If my wife wanted to mow the lawn, she'd have to get her own mower. That woman could tear up an anvil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OMG! you should see the devastation my wife leaves behind when she tries to hang a picture! I mean, she executes a bombing campaign on the walls that would rival any B52 attack.

·
Retired Moderator
10,323 Posts
OMG! you should see the devastation my wife leaves behind when she tries to hang a picture! I mean, she executes a bombing campaign on the walls that would rival any B52 attack.
Not my wife. Anymore that is....

Even got her to stop drawing a pencil line when using the level when the hangings are really big. That only took about 17 years....sigh.:plain:

She knows where the spackle is and knows how to pounce on the paint to match the texture. That only took about 12 years.....

Wont even let her touch the mower or string trimmer. She does have an electric blower. My mower is a commercial zero-turn stand on. Couple days after bringing it home, thought I should teach her how it works. Nephew, who is a police officer, was over. He's watching and watching. Finally looks at me and asks if he can breathalyzer her.:vs_laugh:

I'm sure she could probably operate it pretty well but that would be like me admitting there are plenty of kitchen appliances and gadgets that I could operate. Somewhere there's an unwritten and unspoken agreement on some of this stuff.

·
Retired Moderator
10,323 Posts
I have to admit though, she can operate an engine hoist and transmission jack damn good! Showed her how to use the "fine touch" on them and she took right to it. Brags about it for a few days afterwards.

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
Not my wife. Anymore that is....

Even got her to stop drawing a pencil line when using the level when the hangings are really big. That only took about 17 years....sigh.:plain:

She knows where the spackle is and knows how to pounce on the paint to match the texture. That only took about 12 years.....

Wont even let her touch the mower or string trimmer. She does have an electric blower. My mower is a commercial zero-turn stand on. Couple days after bringing it home, thought I should teach her how it works. Nephew, who is a police officer, was over. He's watching and watching. Finally looks at me and asks if he can breathalyzer her.:vs_laugh:

I'm sure she could probably operate it pretty well but that would be like me admitting there are plenty of kitchen appliances and gadgets that I could operate. Somewhere there's an unwritten and unspoken agreement on some of this stuff.[/QUOTE]

LOL, that is the one and ONLY piece of equipment my wife can or would use and that very rarely.:vs_laugh:
Now, that's a fact!

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
Jan will occasionally mow the lawn and uses the blower pretty regularly and actually has her own pole pruner. She’s pretty good about using the right equipment to do the more strenuous yard work - all except the chain saw. She has a healthy respect for that (as do I).

I also know my way around most of the kitchen appliances, though she likes to keep me off balance by regularly moving stuff around so I am constantly trying to relearn where it is now kept. Also, I try and stay away from using her good pots and pans. She is damned picky about how those are treated and I get that: I don’t want her washing the truck or Highlander.

Reactions: CApainter

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
if all carrots are orange because of a genetic modification, How can they label and sell them as "non-GMO"?

Reactions: chrisn

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
if all carrots are orange because of a genetic modification, How can they label and sell them as "non-GMO"?
All living organisms on the planet are the result of genetic modifications.

Reactions: CApainter

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts

Wow, that's deep:vs_OMG:

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts

Wow, that's deep:vs_OMG:
Yeah, I can sometimes come up with deep stuff too... :vs_poop:

Reactions: chrisn

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Looks like my neighbors farm! Only with pigs, chickens, cows, horses, ducks, sheep, goats, turkeys, cats, dogs.........

2521 - 2540 of 3923 Posts