Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

2621 - 2640 of 3923 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
Jan has worked with me quite a bit in the past. No high ladder work, but enough painting for her to learn how to properly handle a brush and roller. Her real strength was in prepping everything for me so I could start getting paint on the walls.
I've had my wife come out doing exteriors with me in the past. I still say that since we moved here, she's the best person I've had work with me. Only thing was she insisted we stop for a picnic lunch and sit around for a while afterwards, whereas usually I slam back a sammich in less than 5 minutes and declare "that's lunch, let's go!"

Either way I'd bring her out again for sure.

·
Time Traveler
1,624 Posts
My wife is an artistic painter. We're currently painting a mural in my oldest son's room. Hopefully, it won't be too much of a pain to fix when we sell it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Can we see any pictures of the work in progress? I love murals.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I've had my wife come out doing exteriors with me in the past. I still say that since we moved here, she's the best person I've had work with me. Only thing was she insisted we stop for a picnic lunch and sit around for a while afterwards, whereas usually I slam back a sammich in less than 5 minutes and declare "that's lunch, let's go!"

Either way I'd bring her out again for sure.
In Spain, they usually stop for their siesta at 2 pm, which includes a large meal followed by a 30-minute nap. The siesta is normally 2 to 3 hours long! Most Spaniards don't even think about doing dinner until 10 pm or so.

Hmmm, me thinks I'd like to live there, as I'm a late eater!

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
In Spain, they usually stop for their siesta at 2 pm, which includes a large meal followed by a 30-minute nap. The siesta is normally 2 to 3 hours long! Most Spaniards don't even think about doing dinner until 10 pm or so.

Man, I could never make it through the night eating that late. Seems like whenever I do, acid reflux hits me, wakes me up, and then I have to get up and go sleep in the recliner. Part of getting older I guess.a

·
Registered
11,338 Posts

They do that in Mexico too. Mainly because the afternoon heat is unbearable. So they sleep through it and work later. Makes sense if you really think about it.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
White Castle. Extra, extra onions.For lunch. Should be an interesting evening

·
Time Traveler
1,624 Posts
Handcuffs would work, as would duct tape and baling wire.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Handcuffs would work, as would duct tape and baling wire.
Do you know my ex by chance? She lived in New Braunfels for a few years.......

Reactions: Underdog

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
A Romanian court has rejected a man's appeal regarding the fact that's he's been registered as deceased because he filed the appeal too late and didn't meet the required deadline. He's very much so alive.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
A Romanian court has rejected a man's appeal regarding the fact that's he's been registered as deceased because he filed the appeal too late and didn't meet the required deadline. He's very much so alive.
huh?

2621 - 2640 of 3923 Posts