Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

2821 - 2840 of 3923 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good self help book?

...asking for a friend:wink:
What is the nature of the help needed: Physical, spiritual, assertiveness training, business success, emotional? I really does depend on the type of self helping required.

Jordan Peterson's "12 Rules for life:An Antidote to Chaos" has been getting great reports and great reviews everywhere; but again I don't know the type of help required.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
What is the nature of the help needed: Physical, spiritual, assertiveness training, business success, emotional? I really does depend on the type of self helping required.

Jordan Peterson's "12 Rules for life:An Antidote to Chaos" has been getting great reports and great reviews everywhere; but again I don't know the type of help required.
Isn't Peterson one of those *incel* guys? I saw him on Maher several weeks ago and found him to be kinda creepy.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Isn't Peterson one of those *incel* guys? I saw him on Maher several weeks ago and found him to be kinda creepy.

*incel* would not be a true statement about the man. He is kind of creepy on talk shows; I can barely stand listening to him now, still, apparently, the book is still excellent. I loved his very early lectures. He is much better on the printed page. Many years ago I read "maps of meaning", a dense and scholarly work. I am not a fan of his recent fame or fandom but I do try to be balanced, fair and honest.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,830
Holeee sheeeeit, you are WHITE

Looks like you gotta pee.. or maybe some intestinal distress going on there....

·
Administrator
19,580 Posts

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
I smell freshly seared meat.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,838
I've gotten FIFTEEN darned junk phone calls today.

I answered the first ten.

FIFTEEN

2821 - 2840 of 3923 Posts